Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gifts from Above

Often in life we lose focus of all the wonderful things and people in our lives. Unfortunately, sometimes a traumatic event in our lives can put things in to perspective. Our lives have many people come and go like the tide. Also like the tide, we are sometimes lucky enough to have something wonderful wash up on our shore. It is up to us to see it for what it is and hold on to it with all that we have. It is not often that we can or will have someone wash up that is truly special. Because of that we must be diligent in our recognition of the special people. I have been fortunate enough to have someone wash up on my shore. I know this because this person has made sacrifices to be able to help and comfort me. I recognize how fortunate I am and although I still tend to lose focus on just how fortunate I am it just takes one conversation to put things back in to focus. This month we, in America, will be celebrating Thanksgiving. It is easy to see all the negative things in our lives but that day reminds us to be thankful. This year I have A LOT to be thankful for. I have found someone that I know will share all my experiences with me and I will make sure I am there to do the same for her. I have so much to be thankful for and now I have someone to be thankful with me. 2009 has truly been a wonderful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment