Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Morning Glory

I have not been known as the cheeriest person around. I am trying to make the changes necessary to embrace the joy that I do have in my life. I have a lot of reasons to be miserable but there are more reasons to be joyous. I was reminded of that this morning while I was on the phone with a dear friend of mine. I was watching a squirrel that was digging through some leaf litter. As he was digging he was pouncing on this spot repeatedly. It was absolutely adorable to watch. Along came a small flock of what I believe to be Pine Siskin (yes I looked it up). There were a least ten of them and they chased the squirrel up a tree and started foraging for food. They were small and very beautiful. I was just so caught up in the happenings of the animal kingdom. Then to my surprise a Blue Jay came to join the party. This bird was absolutely gorgeous, hopefully my channeling Steve Irwin was successful. It had a tail that just captivated me. I enjoyed watching this so much and that is when I realized all of this occurred in a span of probably fifteen minutes. Within that short amount of time I saw so many things that brought me joy. When you feel so down it is hard to realize this but it is important that you try. It is far too easy to just allow the negative aspects of life to engulf you. It is more difficult to fight for your joy. I assure you though it is well worth the fight. It is truly amazing the things you can find to make you happy if you are willing to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment